What is Nubank?
Nubank is a São Paulo-based FinTech company that has been experiencing tremendous growth ever since its launch. Along the way we have attracted investment from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global, and Founders Fund. But we are most proud of the people who have been part of our journey - an incredibly talented group of world class engineers, designers, product managers, data scientists, analysts, and customer service professionals who are building one of the most influential financial services companies in the world.
What does Product Management mean for Nubank?
For a company growing as quickly as we are, we strive to maintain as flat a structure as possible, which means we create a lot of cross-functional "squads." Each squad has a mission and a set of objectives aligned to that mission. The squad ideally has all the functions it needs - design, engineering, data science, analysis, operations - to deliver on its objectives. We therefore rely on a small number of product managers to help the squads make this happen. The day-to-day activities can vary, but the one thing all product managers have in common is a very strong desire for the squad to succeed. Examples of squads at Nubank include Acquisition, Logistics, and Metrics & Internal Tools. As Nubank grows we see building a product management organisation as critical to helping our company continue to deliver great products rapidly and at a global standard.
Note: prior experience working with development teams is a strong plus but not required.
What could be a product manager responsible for?
- Vision / prioritisation - help the squad find the right balance between offence and defence (e.g. new features and technical debt), and work with the squad to prioritise the features that have the best chance of moving the squad further in achieving its objectives.
- Execution - deeply understand the specific problems we are trying to solve and work closely with engineers, designers, data scientists, and stakeholders to define and iterate on an MVP and deliver it, keeping in mind the bigger picture and "vision" for the product.
- Performance - constantly evaluate whether our products deliver the information, functionality and delight that we promise. Are they fast AND stable? How can they be improved?
- Analytics - work with analysts to get the most appropriate data to understand performance and marketplace acceptance. This includes our internal and third party tracking tools (such as Amplitude) as well as additional tools and functionalities (e.g. A/B testing).
- Customer Feedback/Validation - work with our design/UX team to test new features with users, refine features with usability tests, and incorporate inbound volume from customer service (in the case of user-facing features) into the product pipeline.
- Competitive assessment - keep abreast of developments in the market, where our products stand relative to the competition in the space, and relative to other products, in general, that are vying for user attention.
- Brand/values - ensure what we build also aligns with our values and culture.
Desired Skills and Experience:
This kind of experience/set of skills is relevant to us
- Passionate about technology and design
- Portuguese proficiency, fluent in English
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- Proven experience on developing digital feature in a fast growth environment/startups
- Technical communication (can you communicate with front-end, back-end and full-stack engineers to deliver on the product goals?)
- UX/UxD/UI acumen
- Business acumen
- Strategic and tactical ability (can you work high and low?)
- Operational excellence
What are we looking for
- You are not just looking for another job
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results oriented teams
- You are a great listener and like people
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing great work
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
- Casual and international environment - you can wear jeans and sneakers to work and speak English everyday
- Cool office with a great location - we're accessible by bus and subway, situated in Pinheiros/Jardins and therefore close to many fun bars and restaurants
- Competitive compensation package and access to the company's Stock Option Plan based on performance
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance ("vale refeição")
Know more about Nubank at nubank.com.br/evolucao